MEETING OF AIDS WATCH AFRICA (AWA) ACTION COMMITTEE OF HEADS OF STATE AND GOVERNMENT
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, July 13, 2012/African Press Organization (APO)/ — INVITATION TO REPRESENTATIVES OF THE MEDIA
Time: 14 JULY 2012
Where: Lalibela Hall, Sheraton Addis Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organized by the AU Commission, in collaboration with the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS)
• To adopt strategies and action plans on the future direction of AWA (2012-2015): and the Roadmap on Shared Responsibility for HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria Response;
• Highlight the leadership, advocacy and accountability role AWA played and can still play in the response to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria in Africa – including in providing oversight of the implementation of the Shared Responsibility Roadmap.
• Adopt main recommendations and way forward on Africa’s response to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria by 2015.
• Strategies and action plans on the Future Direction of AWA 2012-2015) and the Roadmap on Shared Responsibility for HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria Response;
• Adopt a Decision on the main recommendations and way forward on Africa’s response to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria.
• Chairperson of AU Commission
• Chairperson on AWA
• 24 AWA Action Committee Heads of State and Government as well as other Heads of States and Government
• Other participants include, heads of RECs, heads of UN Agencies, and the President of OAFLA
Journalists are invited to attend and cover the Meeting of AIDS Watch Africa (AWA) Action Committee of Heads of State and Government and the AWA Press Conference on 14 July 2012.
For further information consult the AU website: http://www.au.int
African Union Commission (AUC)